By Laws of the Jensen Beach Art league, inc
ARTICLE I - NAME
This organization shall be known as The Jensen Beach Art League, Inc.
ARTICLE II - OBJECTIVE
The objective of this organization is as follows:
- The furthering of art education and appreciation.
- The sponsoring and conducting of art shows.
- Provide support and supplies to a local elementary art program.
ARTICLE III - DUES
- Dues shall be $35.00 per year and are payable at the November meeting of each year by all members. Dues shall be remitted to the Club Membership Chair Person who will notify the club Treasurer of said transaction.
- Deliquent members are not allowed to vote or exhibit in outdoor shows until dues are paid.
- Dues are deemed delinquent as of the close of the November meeting. New members joining on or after November will be credited with payment of dues thru November of the following year.
ARTICLE IV - MEETINGS
- Regular meetings will be held on the second Friday of October, November, January, February, March and April. The meeting held in December will be held at the restaurant of choice.
ARTICLE V - VOTING
- Each league member who's dues are paid and who is in good standing is entitled to one vote if present at the meeting.
- Election of new officers shall be voted upon at the March meeting every even numbered year. Installation to take place at the April meeting.
- A quorum of the election should be 25% of the membership.
ARTICLE VI - OFFICERS
The President shall serve for a term of two years and shall serve no more than two consecutive terms.
Officers of the League shall consist of the following:
- A President who shall preside at all meetings of the membership and of The Board of Directors. The President shall appoint all committee chairpersons as soon as possible after taking office, and shall be a member ex-officio of all committees except the Nominating Committee.
- A Vice-President who, in the absence of the President, shall perform all duties usually performed by the President.
- A Secretary who shall record the minutes of all meetings, conduct all League correspondence and perform other duties assigned by the President or the Board of Directors.
- A Treasurer shall be custodian of all the League funds, collect dues and show fees, pay all League bills authorized by the Board of Directors and keep a record of all league account and report thereon at all membership and Board of Directors meetings.
ARTICLE VII - BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Board of Directors shall consist of seven members, including the President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer, and three members elected at annual meeting, for a term of two years. The Board of Directors shall be responsible for the guidance and transaction of the business affairs of the League and shall have jurisdiction over all maters not herein otherwise provided. A quorum is necessary in order to conduct any League affairs and it shall consist of four members. The Board shall meeting whenever the President requests such a meeting. The Board members may be polled by telephone if the President so desires. The Board shall appoint a League member to fill any elected office other that that of the President that becomes vacant. Such appointment shall expire at the next election. The immediate Past President shall serve as an ex-officio member of the Board during the term of service of the following President.
ARTICLE VIII - COMMITTEES
The President shall appoint chairpersons of the following committees and of any other committee that the President deems necessary. Chairpersons may select other members to assist.
- Nominating Committee: At the February meeting of the year of election, this committee shall present a slate of one or more candidates for each elected office. Each candidate shall have agreed to serve if elected. The President shall also accept nominations from the floor at the March election meeting.
- Publicity Committee: This committee shall disseminate information concerning league activities to the news media and to the general public.
- Show Committee: The President shall appoint a chairperson who shall be responsible for the selection (with board approval) of sites for the outdoor show and for any arrangements necessary to conduct these shows. The show jurying the committee shall consist of the chairperson and two members selected by the chairperson. The committee shall consider photos or paintings of the work of the applicant to determine if it meets with good standards of workmanship and taste before the applicant is approved to display at Jensen Beach Art League outdoor shows.
- Education Committee: This committee shall contact local elementary schools to select an art class and or teacher who can utilize our contributions of monies and supplies. Also, league members may volunteer to demonstrate their field of expertise in a classroom as opportunities arise.
- Program Committee: This committee shall locate an artist to demonstrate his or her art techniques or procure videos to further members' education.
- Membership Committee: This committee shall be responsible for providing application forms to the eligible new members, issue membership cards, keep an accurate record of names, addresses and e-mail addresses of all members and provide new members with a copy of the League by-laws. The committee shall maintain an accurate record of paid-up members and advise the board who are delinquent in their dues.
ARTICLE IX - LEAGUE ART SHOWS
Shows: Our monthly shows will be the second Sunday of the Month; November through April (unless postponed due to weather conditions or site scheduling conflicts).
Show rules will be determined as set down in the Jensen Beach SHOW RULES & GUIDELINES attached herein.
ARTICLE X - AMENDMENTS
Proposals to amend the By-Laws must be presented at a regular meeting of the membership, at which a quorum is present. Voting will be at the following membership meeting at which a quorum is present. A two-thirds vote of the membership present will be required for approval of any amendment.
These By-Laws cancel and supersede all previous ones and will become effective by two-thirds vote of the membership at a regular meeting at which a quorum is present. A copy of the By-Laws will be provided to each member.
REVISION APPROVAL - NOVEMBER 2019
PRESIDENT ____________________JOE YOUNG
ELLIOTT MUSEUM ART SHOW RULES AND GUIDELINES
Artists wishing to exhibit must submit 3 of their paintings, fine crafts or photos to the Show Chairperson. A jury committee will look at them with an acceptance or denial. If denied, you may try again in the future. All exhibitors must be members of JBAL. All items presented for exhibit or for sale must be the work o the exhibiting artist. If two artists are sharing a tent, both artists must be present.
Each exhibitor is expected to put up at least one "Art Show" sign Saturday or Sunday before the show, in a place that can be seen by many. They should be taken down immediately after the show. Show time is 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Everyone should be set up by 10:00 and must not leave early. The spaces at the show are "first come, first serve" and saving spaces are not allowed. If you are there early, remember that we set up on the perimeter of the parking area facing inward toward the museum area. Each artist should allow about 15 feet for their exhibit with includes a little space between exhibits to allow guests to walk around. Be considerate of each other. Art Show banners and magnetic auto signs should be displayed the Monday before the show to get maximum exposure.
Tents or canopies are not required, but recommended, and may be shared by nor more than two artists. White is preferred to present a unified, professional appearance. After setting up your display, move your vehicles to allow for customers parking. Parking on the other side of the Museum is desired. The Museum allows us to use their grounds and use the bathrooms free of charge. We require you to clean up debris from your area before you leave.
Poor weather is always a problem. It is hard to make a decision to cancel the show because the sky often clears early and our customers expect us to be there. If the group agrees to cancel, all must leave. Each member should be sure to have tent tie downs or weights for safety on windy days. Twenty-five dollars will be collected from exhibitors for each space at the show. The money is used for museum fees, advertising, school donations, banners, red road signs' magnetic signs and any other expenses determined by the League.
Acceptable items for exhibit are: watercolors, acrylics, oil paintings, pastels, photography, drawings, reproductions and not cards all of which include the work of the artist. Fine crafts are accepted. An object of fine craft is determined by merit of aesthetic quality with functional value and constructed by the artist. Fine craft categories include: sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, glass and wood items. The league reserves the right to consider media mix and appropriate content when jurying applicants and quality of new items anytime thereafter by established members.
NOTE: Display racks and tents are available though catalogs. EZ UP tents have been for sale at Sam's Club and BJ's. Sports Authority has canopies. Often other members have used tents for sale.
Show Chair____________________Joe Young
JENSEN BEACH ART LEAGUE, INC.